***WARNING: FANGASM BELOW. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK***
About a week and a half ago, Capcom released their TGS trailer for Monster Hunter 4 on the 3DS, and, honestly and objectively, without getting my fanboy-ness in the way…
..Monster Hunter 4 is gonna blow your tits to fucking Jupiter.
WABAM, CAPITALIZED LIST TIME!!!
- BIGGER, NEW AREAS MOTHERFUCKER
- FUCKING POKEMON LEGEND OF ZELDA LEDGE JUMPING AND JUMPING ATTACKS
- FUCKING CLIMBING IN ALL DIRECTIONS, CLIMBING ATTACKS, EVADING, AND JUMPING OFF OF WALLS
- MORE MONSTER DETAIL AND ANIMATIONS
- SOME “GET UP ON THE HYDRA’S BACK” ACTION (JUMP ON SHIT AND STAB EM IN THE BACK)
- MONSTERS DON’T GIVE A FUCK AND WILL BREAK THE STAGE TO EAT YOUR ASS
- OH MY GOD I NEED TO SIT DOWN
- NEW WEAPON MECHANICS FOR JUMPING
- NEW WEAPON TYPE, THE INSECT CONTROL ROD, AND A VERY HIGH POSSIBILITY OF ANOTHER WEAPON TYPE
Here’s the TGS Trailer and a commentary by Ryozo Tsujimoto, producer of MHP, MHP2, MHP2G, and MHTri, and Kaname Fujioka, the Monster Hunter series director. The commentary, while being in their native Japanese, goes into detail about some of the new mechanics found in MH4, including the new weapon type, the Insect Control Rod.
MARRY ME FUJIOKA. MARRY ME
I REALLY FUCKIN’ HOPE THIS GETS LOCALIZED BEFORE THE END OF 2013 HAWLY SHEET AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH.
I really like Monster Hunter… shut up…