Ever heard of the Liebster Award? No? Well neither have I until today!
Apparently, you get nominated by someone who finds your site tolerable and you answer some questions about yourself. Then, when you’re done, you nominate other people to keep the chain going along. While not being a REAL award, it’s still pretty fucking sweet to get chosen by some kind-hearted, well-endowed soul out there. That soul who nominated me is silentjoel of Living Life on Legendary. Apparently being a regular reader, this beautiful perfection of nature has kindly offered my meager soul this gracious award, so that least I can do is tell of his works and honor his wishes, right?
Anyways, let’s get rolling.
The rules for receiving this award are:
1. Post the Liebster Award graphic on your site.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated your blog.
3. The nominee is asked to write 11 facts about themselves.
4. Answer the 11 questions from the post of the person who nominated them
5. The nominee will nominate 9 other blogs.
6. The nominee will then create 11 questions of their own for their nominated bloggers to answer in their Liebster post.
My 11 Facts
- I’m bad at talking about myself. Seriously. I can manage over the internet, but when you ask me about myself in person, and I don’t know you well, I lose all articulation of my thoughts and ideas.
- I’m not picky about my career path, but I want a good enough job to live comfortably. I’m majoring in Network security at the moment, but I might be switching to some kind of computer hardware focus in the future.
- Mabinogi is my MMO of choice. It has a lot of problems, but the skill focused gameplay and lack of rigid class structures is highly appealing to me. I’ve been playing on and off since freshman year of high school and even if it’s strayed from the Celtic roots, it’s still one of my favorite games. Fuck the haters.
- I can be a very compassionate person, but I come off as blunt, spiteful, and uninterested. I don’t mean to, but that’s just how I speak. I type similarly to how I speak, and I like to be real to you guys, so what you read is me through and through. I’m also a great house guest.
- I have a few hobbies I like to do besides playing video games. I can play the piano and ocarina, although it’s been quite a while since I’ve done either. I’m also a big fan of woodworking and even some metalworking.
- I have an unhealthy comsumption rate of pasta, with the worst offenders being traidional spegahetti and meatballs and chicken fettucine alfredo.
- I don’t play sports, but I’ve had fencing class as part of my schedule throughout high school. Out of the three main styles of fencing (foil, saber, and epee), I prefer saber and foil. It was a choice between fencing and standard physical education, and fencing just sounded like a blast. I”m glad I stuck with it so long, although I haven’t fenced since freshman year of college. I do keep my lucky saber, Roxanne, hung above my desk space, just in case I get the urge.
- In the majority of games I play Charisma/Support/Healing classes/focused characters. While it’s because it’s what I enjoy the most, it’s mainly to be fabulous while my meat shields do the hard work. If the game doesn’t call for healers, though, I’ll usually choose something sturdier. I’m not a filthy DPS peasant. Plus, who doesn’t like to be beautiful?
- I drool in my sleep often. It’s something I’ve tried everything to stop, but I just can’t help it. I’ve also woken up on the ground quite often, implying I like to roll out of bed as well.
- I’ve been a fan of traditional tabletop games like Dungeons and Dragons for a long time, and recently I’ve found a regular group to play with. We play 4th edition, and even though most hardcore tabletop fans think 4e is kind of watered down, I like it a lot. Hopefully our current campaign runs for quite some time.
- When I walk, I can’t double back over the imaginary line that’s drawn behind me while I walk. If I do, I have to spin around to “even it out.” Yeah, I don’t get it either.
The Required Questions
- What was your gen I starting pokemon?
Early on it was Charmander, but as I aged and revisited Gen 1, Bulbasaur became a quick favorite of mine due to their ability to sweep three of the gyms by itself. Baller motherfuckers.
- What is the longest amount of time you have spent playing a game?
I’ve put over 1500 hours into the Monster Hunter series alone. 2000 would probably be a closer estimate. Talk about being a loser, eh?
- What’s your favorite cheesy joke?
Wanna hear a joke? My contact list.
- If you could play one games console for the rest of your life what would it be?
I’d have to say… Gamecube. The PS2 library was bigger, but I found more titles I liked on the Gamecube. Unless PC is an option, then I choose that. Emulation is a godsend.
- If you could invent one thing, what would it be?
Something to automatically generate money in my bank account. Just keeping it real, here.
- Black or blue ink?
Black, unless I’m forced to use blue. Black ink just looks so clean and neat.
- Rock, Paper, Scissors?
I’ve been told I like to start my games with rock, so rock.
- If you could swiftly end the career of one music act, which would it be?
Uhhh… Nicki Minaj? Iunno.
- What is the funniest thing you have ever said/thought that nobody heard?
To be honest, I wouldn’t remember, but knowing my luck, it’d was offensive anyways. And I probably didn’t even feel bad about saying it.
- If you could talk to your five year old self, what one piece of advice would you give them?
Get fit and study hard, bro. You’ll be the same proportions forever unless you do something now. Then you can play games and not worry about staying chubby.
If you could high-five a celebrity who would it be?
Well I’ve already met Morgan Freeman, so I’d say Olivia Wilde. I’d high five her anywhere I could. Anywhere.
My 9 Nominations
Now see, here’s the sad part. I don’t actually, like, know anyone on this site very well, so I don’t think I can even nominate 9 people. I’ll give you what I”ve got though.
Yeah… Talk about embarrassing.. It’s not a lot of nominations, but these sites are all great. Do yourself a favor and check them out sometime!
- Do you play any instruments?
- Favorite anime?
- Prefered Super Smash Bros. Brawl character?
- Can you prove that Batman isn’t the greatest superhero of all time? (You probably can’t)
- Favorite flavor of pizza?
- Do you own the complete physical collection of a popular show? What show?
- Your favorite game series?
- What country do you live in?
- Your preferred role in traditional MMORPG terms (DPS, Tank, Support)?
- Which console do you think will do the best overall next generation?
- Favorite genre of music and some examples?