The updated Metroid Marines is here! Featuring a massively expanded core gameplay as well as a multitude of new character functions, Metroid Marines v1 further fleshes out the base gameplay established in v1. Here’s a brief run down of the new mechanics:
- The new Resolve Aptitude tests your Marine’s mental fortitude and instincts
- The new Traits system gives each Marine a Positive, Neutral, and Negative personality trait to expand upon character roleplay and mechanics
- The cumulative HP pool for Marines and creatures is now separated into individual Hit Locations for more in-depth. limb-based targeting and injuries.
- Revamped combat allows more dynamic interactions in a skirmish. Action and Reaction Points fuel new maneuvers such as Suppressive Fire, precision Aiming, Melee Interception, and Assisting allied units
- New Status Conditions make injuries and creature abilities more intimidating and dangerous
- Various levels of Stress now test a Marine’s Resolve and morale in dire situations
- Revamped creature creation methods to accommodate the new Hit Location system
Metroid Marines v2 and the accompanying character sheets can be found in this Dropbox link.
I really hope this new mechanics add a layer of depth to the game that makes playing the game much more exciting. As always, if you play the game with your friends or spot some typos or have a suggestion, let me know. Till then, I hope you all have fun in the Metroid universe.
See You Next Mission